Fresh Pasta Dough
- 2 cups Unbleached flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Make a mound on the counter with the flour. Make a well in the center and add the eggs and salt. Whisk just the eggs with a fork, leaving the flour undisturbed.
- Continue whisking, slowly incorporating the flour into the eggs. Once mostly combined, finish mixing with your hands to bring the dough together.
- Form the dough into a ball. The dough should be malleable, but not sticky. Slowly add a bit more beaten egg if it seems dry. If it’s too wet, sprinkle a very small amount of flour on the ball and knead to incorporate, careful not to add too much at once.
- When the dough is a good consistency, knead the dough until it is smooth, 7-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Form each section into a ball, cover with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Dough is now ready to be formed into pasta of choice. You can use a pasta machine or rolling pin to flatten and cut pasta into whatever form you’re making.
Try these great recipes:
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com