Beef and Cheese Ravioli
- Fresh Pasta Dough
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1/8 tsp Ground rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
- Follow this Fresh Pasta recipe to prepare dough for ravioli.
- Sauté the beef in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Stir in all the herbs and spices and gently heat for a few minutes.
- Place cooked meat into a mixing bowl and let cool.
- Mix all of the cheeses into the cooled meat. It should be dense and holds together when you form a ball.
- Cut prepared pasta dough into 2 pieces. Set the rollers of a pasta machine to the widest setting. Gently flatten one piece of dough into a rectangle and feed it through the rollers 8 – 10 times, folding it in half after each time.
- Turn dial down one setting and feed the same piece through the rollers. Repeat the process until you get to the second to last setting.
- Put the flattened sheet of pasta on a floured work surface. Place 1 tsp of filling, 2 inches apart along one half of the sheet. Fold dough in half over the mounds of filling, gently pressing around each to release air.
- Using a ravioli cutter, cut between the mounds and place the cut ravioli on a baking sheet dusted with corn meal.
- Repeat process with the second piece of dough and remaining filling.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli until they float.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food.com