Travel thousands of miles in one of our aisles
Adams Grocery Department is a melting pot of cultures, flavors and menu ideas. Come explore and you’ll be in Thailand one minute, in Italy another and then right back home in the Hudson Valley. This is an opportunity to travel with your senses. Sample our zingy range of mustards from France, from Germany, from round the corner. Want Irish or French butter to spread on your whole grain, Lithuanian, Hudson Valley, or ten other kinds of bread? The world’s most valued spices–from Vietnamese Cinnamon to Indian Cardamom warm your dishes, enliven your baked goods, and add instant karma to your curries.
Our grocery managers travel the world so you don’t have to
Here’s just a tasting of our shelves. You’re always invited to take a voyage and explore:
- Exceptional Oils–whether extra-virgin olive or cold pressed walnut or almond–From France, Spain, Greece, some locally bottled, carefully chosen for taste and value.
- Vibrant Vinegars–you’ll find hundreds of vinegars, balsamics, red or white wines, cider, tarragon, champagne add a va-va-voom to your salad dressing and stews
- Hudson Valley’s Own–artisanal bread from many area bakeries, locally produced yogurts, milk and organic ingredients, specialty jams and jellies and so much more from our food-rich region
- Baking Ingredients–why not bake it yourself? We have fine cooking chocolate, traditional and specialty flours, deliciously different flavorings
- Ethnic Foods–specialty treats from Italy Greece, Thailand, China, Germany, France, UK, Spain and too many places to count. We cover the world’s tastes from taramasalata to peporanata, from oodles of noodles to sensational salsas.
- Can’t see it? Just ask! Our shelves are full and there’s so much to see. If you can’t find what you want, please ask the nearest staff person and they’ll know where to find it, or just who to ask. You’ll save yourself time and we’ll be glad to help.