Beet and Goat Cheese Ravioli
- Fresh Pasta Dough
- 3/4 lb Fresh beets
- 1 Onion, unpeeled
- 1 head Garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- Follow this Fresh Pasta recipe to prepare dough for ravioli.
- Preheat oven to 375 F .
- Individually wrap beets, onion and garlic in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet and bake in hot oven.
- Remove garlic once soft, about 30 minutes. Continue baking beets and onion until beets are soft throughout, about another 30 minutes. Remove them from the foil and allow to cool.
- Once cool, peel the beets, onion and 3 cloves of the garlic and place in a food processor, chop the beets if too big. Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add the salt, pepper, dill and goat cheese and pulse a few more times, until well combined.
- Cut prepared pasta dough into 2 pieces. Set the rollers of a pasta machine to the widest setting. Gently flatten one piece of dough into a rectangle and feed it through the rollers 8 – 10 times, folding it in half after each time.
- Turn dial down one setting and feed the same piece through the rollers. Repeat the process until you get to the second to last setting.
- Put the flattened sheet of pasta on a floured work surface. Place 1 tsp of filling, 2 inches apart along one half of the sheet. Fold dough in half over the mounds of filling, gently pressing around each to release air.
- Using a ravioli cutter, cut between the mounds and place the cut ravioli on a baking sheet dusted with corn meal.
- Repeat process with the second piece of dough and remaining filling.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli until they float.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com