- Fresh Pasta Dough
- 1/4 cup Pancetta, chopped
- 1 lb Spinach (blanched and chopped with water squeezed out)
- 1 1/2 lb Monkfish
- Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Anchovy paste
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Follow this Fresh Pasta recipe to prepare dough for ravioli.
- Season monkfish with black pepper and roughly chop.
- Blanch the spinach, squeeze out the excess water and chop.
- Sauté pancetta in a skillet over medium-high heat until starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add anchovy paste and stir. Pour in the oil scrap up the brown bits from bottom of the pan. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add monkfish to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the cream and continue cooking until monkfish is cooked through. Stir in the nutmeg and set aside to cool.
- Place cooled mixture in a blender and process until smooth.
- Cut prepared pasta dough in 2 pieces. Set the rollers of a pasta machine to the widest setting. Gently flatten one piece of dough into a rectangle and feed it through the rollers 8 – 10 times, folding it in half after each time.
- Turn dial down one setting and feed the same piece through the rollers. Repeat the process until you get to the second to last setting.
- Put the flattened sheet of pasta on a floured work surface. Place 1 tsp of filling, 2 inches apart along one half of the sheet. Fold dough in half over the mounds of filling, gently pressing around each to release air.
- Using a ravioli cutter, cut between the mounds and place the cut ravioli on a baking sheet dusted with corn meal.
- Repeat process with the second piece of dough and remaining filling.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli until they float.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com