Beef and Kale Stir-Fry
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup Less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 lb Flank steak or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 1/2 cups Kale, coarsely chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- For the marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, broth and hoisin sauce.
- Place steak strips in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove steak from marinade; reserve marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak; stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Push to side of skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute. Add kale and reserved marinade; cook 3 minutes or just until kale is wilted.
- Serve over rice.