Skip to content
Quick Beef and Broccoli
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 tsp Canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs Top or bottom sirloin steak, cut into strips 1 inch thick
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz White mushrooms, sliced
- Cooked white or brown rice, optional
- For the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, 1 teaspoon of the oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour half the marinade over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour up to 8 hours. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over high heat.
- Add beef; stir-fry 5 minutes or until browned. Add broccoli and reserved marinade; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, if desired. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Spoon over rice if using, and serve.