Tofu–Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 6.5 oz Soba noodles
- 1 tbsp Canola or grapeseed oil
- 14 oz Extra-firm tofu, drained on paper towels and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Gingerroot, minced
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded or matchstick
- 1/2 cup No-salt-added spicy teriyaki marinade
- 2 Green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook for 10 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
- Add noodles, ginger and carrots and cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1 cup water, teriyaki marinade and green onions and stir to combine. Cook until heated through and liquid slightly thickens.
- Transfer to bowls, and serve.
Quick, easy & delicious
After seeing this recipe on Facebook last night, I rushed to Adam’s last night to buy the ingredients (and since it was Wednesday night – Family Night, got 10% off my order). The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the tofu stuck to my non-stick pan – since it was my first time frying tofu, I’m not sure if it was something I did wrong (pan not hot enough, too hot?) Since, Adams didn’t have the extra-firm tofu at the Poughkeepsie store, I bought the firm tofu (maybe this caused it to stick).
I will definitely be making this again!
Review by Mary on Aug 1, 2013