Tofu–Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 6 1/2 oz. soba noodles (2 small bundles)
- 1 tbsp. canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained on paper towels and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. peeled, minced gingerroot
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added spicy teriyaki marinade
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a large pot of boiling water cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 10 minutes or until all sides are browned.
- Add noodles, ginger and carrots; cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1 cup water, teriyaki marinade and green onions; stir to combine. Cook until heated through and liquid slightly thickens. Transfer to 4 bowls, and serve.
Per serving: 403 calories, 13g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 23g protein
Quick, easy & delicious
After seeing this recipe on Facebook last night, I rushed to Adam’s last night to buy the ingredients (and since it was Wednesday night – Family Night, got 10% off my order). The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the tofu stuck to my non-stick pan – since it was my first time frying tofu, I’m not sure if it was something I did wrong (pan not hot enough, too hot?) Since, Adams didn’t have the extra-firm tofu at the Poughkeepsie store, I bought the firm tofu (maybe this caused it to stick).
I will definitely be making this again!
Review by Mary on Aug 1, 2013