Balsamic-Glazed Beef Tenderloin
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (2 1/2-lb.) beef tenderloin roast, trimmed, silver skin removed
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Tuck thin end of beef under; tie beef with kitchen string at 3-inch intervals. Coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; place beef in pan.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne; brush half the glaze on the top and sides of beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast 15 minutes. Add broth to pan; brush beef with remaining glaze. Roast 25 minutes more (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan drippings.
Per serving: 355 calories, 24g fat, 10g saturated fat, 87mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 25g protein
*10 minutes stand time extra