Balsamic-Glazed Beef Tenderloin
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 lb Beef tenderloin roast, trimmed, silver skin removed
- 1/4 cup packed Light brown sugar
- 4 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 cup Reduced-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Tuck thin end of beef under, tie with kitchen string at 3-inch intervals and place beef in prepared pan.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne. Brush half the glaze on the top and sides of beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast 15 minutes. Add broth to pan and brush beef with remaining glaze. Roast 25 minutes more (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with pan drippings.