Skip to content
Irish Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup Cream or milk
- Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook without stirring until golden (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and carefully add butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk. It will be very hot and will bubble vigorously.
- Cool slightly before stirring in whiskey and cream (or milk). Drizzle over warm bread pudding and serve.