Creamy Cauliflower Risotto
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 1 Cauliflower head, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 4 - 5 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream, or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp of the oil. Spread on a rimmed baking pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until fork-tender and browned. Reserve half of the florets in a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining half of the florets in a large bowl and add cream. Using a handheld immersion blender, blend until mixture is smooth and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a deep-sided skillet heat remaining 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onion and thyme and sauté 4 – 6 minutes or until onions soften. Add rice to skillet and sauté 1 minute or until slightly toasted. Add 1/2 cup of the broth and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat, adding broth in 1/2 cup amounts, cooking and stirring 18 – 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed, and rice is creamy and al dente.
- Stir in cauliflower mixture and Parmesan and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in reserved florets and parsley and cook until heated through.
- Spoon into bowls, and serve.