Parmesan Broccoli Crunch
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with foil. Place broccoli in baking pan and drizzle with oil. Season with pepper to taste. Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, coat a small nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until softened. Add panko; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove skillet from heat and stir in lemon zest; set aside.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving platter. Top with panko mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
Per serving: 120 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 7g protein