Savory Mushroom Rice Bowl
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (including baby bella, shiitake, oyster)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups trimmed, thinly sliced kale
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and kale; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until kale wilts.
- Stir in raisins and thyme. Season with pepper to taste. Spoon rice evenly in 4 serving bowls. Top evenly with mushroom mixture and (if desired) feta, and serve.
Per serving: 330 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 10g protein