Savory Mushroom Rice Bowl
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cups Mixed mushrooms (baby bella, shiitake, oyster), sliced
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups Kale, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cups Brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup Reduced-fat feta, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth and kale and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or just until kale wilts.
- Stir in raisins and thyme. Season with pepper to taste.
- Spoon rice evenly in 4 serving bowls. Top evenly with mushroom mixture and feta, if desired, and serve.