Asian Scallop Rice Bowl
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 5 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 8 oz Mixed baby bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb Bay scallops
- 2 tsp Gingerroot, minced
- 3 Green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups Hot cooked brown rice
- For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add scallops and ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onions; cook 1 minute or until scallops are opaque and firm. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Spoon rice into 4 individual bowls. Spoon scallop mixture over rice, and serve.