Asian Scallop Rice Bowl
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 5 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. mixed baby bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 2 tsp. peeled, minced gingerroot
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add scallops and ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onions; cook 1 minute or until scallops are opaque and firm. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Spoon rice into 4 individual bowls. Spoon scallop mixture over rice, and serve.
Per serving: 313 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 19mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 16g protein