How to Use Espoma Organic Bulb-tone
June 8, 2022
Espoma Organic Bulb-tone is an all-natural organic fertilizer for all spring and fall bulbs. It features long lasting, slow-release feeding with exclusive Bio-tone Microbe. It’s 100% natural & organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges. Perfect for all bulbs like tulips, daffodils, crocus and hyacinths.
When to Use
When planting bulbs in the Spring, Fall or even after flowers bloom.
How Much to Use
- New Plantings
- Plant bulbs in loose, well-drained soil rich in organic matter at the correct depth.
- Row Planting: Mix 1.5 lbs. (4.5 cups) of Bulb-tone into the soil for each 25′ of row.
- Individual Bulbs: Apply 1.5 heaping teaspoons into the planting hole and cover with soil.
- Bed Plantings – Mix 4 lbs. per 60 sq. ft. into the soil.
- Established Bulbs
- Bed Plantings: Apply 4 lbs. per 60 sq. ft. and wash off any plant food that is on the foliage.
- Individual Bulbs: Sprinkle 1.5 heaping teaspoons around and 2-3 inches away from each plant. Dahlias and gladioli can be fed monthly.
How to Apply
- New Planting:
- Incorporate into the soil below the bulbs.
- Existing Bulbs: Broadcast onto the soil surface.
- Water thoroughly after the application.
- Never apply fertilizer to frozen soils.
Information courtesy of Espoma.com