Hosting a Halloween party? Follow these tips for making a spooky cheeseboard!
We’ve gathered 6 great cheese options for their frightful appearances and unique tastes as well as the perfect accompaniments. Estimate 3oz of cheese per person you plan to host, or 4-6oz if in place of a meal. Don’t be scared to try as many flavor combinations as you can!
Assembling your cheeseboard:
- Pre-slice firmer cheeses.
- Leave space around soft cheeses to allow for guests to use spreaders.
- Allow cheeses to reach peak flavor at room temperature by letting them sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- French Emmental – a mild, nutty Swiss.
- Humboldt Fog – a soft-ripened creamy goat milk cheese with a distinctive ribbon of vegetable ash from California.
- Parmigiano Reggiano – classic hard aged Italian cheese; use the rind to thicken up sauces.
- Mimolet – perfect pumpkin color; slightly piquant at first, it quickly takes on a caramel-like flavor.
- Pecorino with Truffles – rich, bold sheep’s milk cheese infused with earthy black truffles.
- Stilton – a rich, intense English blue cheese with a soft yet crumbly texture, salty finish and beautiful marble-like blue veins; drizzle with honey.
- Black pepper-coated salami
- Fig-Ginger jam
- Comb honey
- Caper berries
- Marinated mushrooms
- Marcona almonds
- Fresh figs
- Baguette, slices