White Peach Bars
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 White peaches, ripe but firm
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 baking dish.
- Wash and slice the peaches, but don’t peel them. Place them in a bowl and toss gently with the lemon juice and the cornstarch. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar, then add in the salt and the vanilla.
- Stir in the flours and until the mixture is just combined into a crumbly texture.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir the peaches one more time, then lay them evenly across the dough. Leave any excess juice in the bowl.
- Mix the oats into the remaining dough with your fingertips then crumble it evenly over the peaches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the crust is just beginning to turn golden and the fruit is bubbling.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from TheViewFromGreatIsland.com