Skip to content
Walnut–Herb Chicken Roulade
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup Toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Reduced-fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken on a cutting board. With the edge of the knife parallel to the board, cut down the length of the side of each breast almost (but not through) to the other edge, opening as you go. Then open the chicken like a book. Place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a 1/4-inch thickness. Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- For the filling, in a small bowl combine basil, thyme, oregano, walnuts and mozzarella.
- To assemble the roulades, place one-fourth of herb mixture in the center of each breast; spread to within 1 inch of edges. Roll chicken up and over filling, tucking in filling to enclose. Tie with kitchen string or secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Add roulades and cook 3 – 4 minutes per side or until golden. Place pan in oven. Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Remove and discard string. Cut each roulade into slices, and serve.