- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 clove Garlic, halved
- 10 oz Hard apple cider
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups Gruyere, finely grated
- 2 cups Smoked Gouda, finely grated
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Curry powder
- Ground black pepper
- Rub garlic on the inside and bottom of a fondue pot or cast iron pot.
- Pour half the cider, 1 tbsp lemon juice, the brandy and salt to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Mix the cheese and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Once the cider is just beginning to simmer, slowly add the cheese and remaining cider while continuously stirring in a zigzag pattern, do not let it boil.
- Once all cheese is mixed in and smooth, stir in the curry powder and pepper. If cheese seems stringy, add the remaining lemon juice, a little at a time.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from FoodAndWine.com