Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions, diced
- 1 Medium carrot, diced
- 3 cups Pumpkin, diced
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Roasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add carrot, pumpkin, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, cover and continue cooking at a gentle simmer until carrots and pumpkin are soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender, or in a blender, until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and stir gently to combine.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds if using and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Yummly.com