Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Plain soy milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened smooth applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, yogurt, almond milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins evenly with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-24 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com