Tri-Tip Carne Asada
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup HP Sauce, or Worcestershire
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried ancho, chipotle or regular chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 lb Beef tri-tip roast
- Corn salsa
- Combine HP Sauce, garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, chili, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp water. Pour half of the mixture into a large freezer bag, reserving the remainder for basting. Pierce beef all over with a fork and place into the bag with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 48 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and grease.
- Place the roast on the hot grill, close the lid and cook, turning occasionally and basting with reserved sauce, for 15 to 20 minutes or until digital instant-read thermometer reads 140F.
- Move the roast to a cutting board, tent with foil and let stand about 10 minutes before carving thinly across the grain.
- Serve with corn salsa and extra HP Sauce for dipping.
Recipe adapted from ReadersDigest.ca