Tomato Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 1/2 cup Dry quinoa
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2-3 cups Tomato, chopped
- 15 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Add quinoa and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, make the dressing. Combine avocado oil with fresh lime juice, minced garlic, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is ready, fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Once it is cool, combine with tomatoes, green onion, chickpeas. Toss salad with half of the dressing and serve.
- Drizzle extra dressing on the salad as desired and feel free to add any additional seasoning to taste.
Recipe adapted from PeasAndCrayons.com