Skip to content
Tilapia with Spinach and Tomatoes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Canola oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz Baby spinach
- 1 pint Grape tomatoes, halved
- Season fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle with lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add fillets and cook 5 – 7 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Add capers, and sprinkle fillets with red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In another large nonstick skillet heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add spinach in batches and cook, stirring, until wilted. Transfer to a colander to drain.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Place spinach on a serving platter, place fillets on spinach, top with tomatoes and serve.