Tik Tok Carrot Dip
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Yellow onion, diced
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- Sumac, to taste (optional)
- 1 lb Carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 Orange, juiced and zested
- 1 inch piece Ginger, minced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 1 handful Toasted nuts, hazelnuts or walnuts
- Aleppo pepper flakes, or red pepper flakes
- Harissa, or tomato paste for a mild dip
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Then add the cinnamon, cumin and sumac to the pan and sauté for another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook until softened, 15 – 20 minutes. Once soft, set aside to cool.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients to a food processor or blender. Add the orange juice and zest, parsley, nuts, crushed pepper and harissa, as well as additional cinnamon, cumin and sumac to taste. Add a drizzle or so more of olive oil for texture, then pulse and purée until the dip is evenly combined and spreadable.
- Top with parsley and chopped nuts and serve with crudité, crackers or fresh bread.
Recipe adapted from PureWow.com