Test Pilot Grilled Cheese
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices Bread Alone Peasant Bread
- 1/4 lb McGrath Test Pilot Cheese, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Baby arugula
- Apple, sliced thin
- Red onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 tbsp Salted butter, preferably cultured
- Assemble the sandwich by layering cheese, apple, red onion, arugula and then another layer of cheese between the two slices of bread.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter both the top and bottom of the sandwich, place in the heated skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and continue to cook until browned and the cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Enjoy immediately.
McGrath Test Pilot is a truly local, ale-washed cheese, slightly fruity and pungent and perfect for a hearty grilled cheese sandwich.
Colin McGrath, previously the talent behind multiple award-winning cheeses at Sprout Creek Farm in Poughkeepsie, collaborated with chef Dan Crocco of Mill House Brewing Company, Adams Own Poughkeepsie Cheese Shop Manager Megan Ercole and, of course, local cows to create this winner.