Teriyaki Style Chicken Noodle Bowl
IngredientsNoodles & Vegetables
- 8 oz Buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 3 Carrots
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 1/2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Snow peas
- 1 cup Fresh green beans
- 1 lb Boar's Head Bold Ichiban Teriyaki Style Chicken Breast, sliced in to 1 inch thick strips
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups Beef broth
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- To make the teriyaki sauce combine beef broth, rice vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, mirin and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Peel the ginger and then grate it over the same bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the bowl as well. Set sauce aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add soba noodles to boiling water and continue to boil for 5-6 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Drain and set aside.
- On a clean work surface, chop the broccoli, carrots and scallions.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add snow peas, green beans and remaining chopped vegetables.
- Stir and cook for about 2 minutes to slightly heat the vegetables.
- Pour teriyaki sauce in the skillet with the vegetables. Allow it to come to a simmer, thickening the sauce and heating the vegetables through. Once sauce has thickened, turn off heat.
- Add drained noodles and sliced chicken to the skillet to coat with the sauce and mix with the vegetables.
- Divide noodles and chicken mixture between 4 bowls and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from BoarsHead.com