Tangy Cranberry Meatballs
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (12-oz.) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (12-oz.) jar beef gravy
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion, egg yolks, sage, breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper to taste; mix gently. Form into small meatballs and place in a slow cooker. Set aside.
- For the sauce, in a large saucepan combine cranberries, orange zest, orange juice and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Stir in mustard, broth and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on LOW 4 to 5 hours. Serve warm.
Per serving: 280 calories, 11g fat, 4g saturated fat, 101mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 13g protein