Skip to content
Tangerine Dream Cupcakes
- Yield: Makes 24 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- 2 - 3 Tangerines
- 18.25 oz. White cake mix
- Egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups Whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with 24 paper cupcake liners and set aside.
- Grate tangerines to measure 2 teaspoons zest.
- Squeeze tangerines to measure 1/2 cup juice.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, 1 tsp of the tangerine zest, plus tangerine juice and water to equal water amount indicated on cake mix package. Add oil and egg whites according to package directions; stir to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with cake batter. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
- For the frosting, in a deep, chilled bowl and with chilled beaters, beat together cream, powdered sugar and remaining 1 tsp tangerine zest at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate until serving.