Takeout Style Chicken and Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Scallions
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Cold chicken stock
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Place chicken strips in a bowl with the baking soda and gently combine until evenly coated. Cover bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until well incorporated and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken several times, making sure to get all the baking soda off. Pat it dry and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Chop the scallions into chunks about 2 inches long. Add to the hot oil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced garlic and stir constantly for a minute.
- Pour in the sauce and stir to evenly combine throughout.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from SprinklesAndSprouts.com