- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Swordfish steaks, 1/2 inch thick, skinned
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Anchovies in oil, finely chopped
- 3 cups Canned crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 3/4 cup Green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Season swordfish steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook steaks for about 3 minutes, flipping once, until skin is browned. Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside. Work in batches if necessary to not crowd the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and anchovies and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, capers and red pepper flakes and cook about 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the swordfish, parsley and lemon juice and cook until fish is cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- Place steaks on servings plate and top with the sauce.
- Serve warm with rice or pasta.
Recipe adapted from Saveur.com