Swiss Mushroom Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cup Crushed Ritz crackers
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter, divided
- 4 slices Deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Pound chicken pieces to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Lightly beat the egg in one bowl. Mix cracker crumbs and salt in a separate bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then roll in crumbs. Place on a plate and set aside.
- In an ovenproof pan, sauté mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter until softened. Move them to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the remaining tbsp of butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Layer each chicken piece with a slice of ham, mushrooms and a slice of cheese on top.
- Place pan on the top rack of the oven and broil until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken on plates and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TasteOfHome.com