Swiss Chard and Bacon Pasta
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 oz Gemelli or rotini pasta
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, rinsed
- 6 thick slices Bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium Onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan, shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the Swiss chard, remove and slice the stems. Cut leaves in half lengthwise and thinly slice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven cook bacon over medium-high heat for 4 – 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chard stems and cook 1 minute. Add chard leaves and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add pasta and oil; cook and stir until heated through.
- Top with Parmesan and serve.