Swiss Chard and Bacon Pasta
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 oz. uncooked gemelli or rotini pasta
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, rinsed
- 6 thick bacon slices, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Shredded Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta; cook al dente according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the Swiss chard, remove and slice the stems. Cut leaves in half lengthwise and thinly slice; set aside.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven cook bacon over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add chard stems; cook 1 minute. Add chard leaves; cook and stir 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add pasta and oil; cook and stir until heated through. Top with Parmesan, and serve.
Per serving: 496 calories, 26g fat, 8g saturated fat, 21mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 11g protein