Skip to content
Sweet and Sour Shrimp Kebabs
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 8 large Green onions
- 1 large Green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large Red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 thick slices Fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup Sweet and sour sauce, plus more for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
- Cut lower third of each onion into two 1 1/2-inch pieces (for a total of 16 pieces). (Reserve remaining portion of onions for other uses.)
- Alternately thread bell peppers, shrimp, pineapple and onions onto 8 (12-inch) skewers.
- Grill skewers 4 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with sweet and sour sauce throughout.
- Transfer skewers to a platter, and serve with additional sweet and sour sauce.