Sweet and Sour Shrimp Kabobs
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 8 large green onions
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 24 shrimp)
- 2 thick slices fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- Additional sweet and sour sauce
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Cut lower third of each onion into two 1 1/2-inch pieces (for a total of 16 pieces). (Reserve remaining portion of onions for other uses.)
- Alternately thread bell peppers, shrimp, pineapple and onions onto 8 (12-inch) skewers.* Grill skewers 4 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with sweet and sour sauce throughout. Transfer skewers to a platter, and serve with additional sweet and sour sauce.
Per serving: 180 calories, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 129mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 18g protein
*If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.