Swedish Hasselback Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 lb Potatoes, peeled
- 2 oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat. Add the rosemary and thyme and let cook for 5-10 minutes on lowest heat possible, don’t let it simmer.
- Make a small horizontal cut on the bottom of the potatoes. On the opposite side, make deep cuts across the potatoes. The cuts should be about 2/3 deep and about 2 mm apart.
- Place potatoes, sliced side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the potatoes with the butter mixture.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, brushing the potatoes with more butter mixture 2-3 times during cooking. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the potatoes. When done, the potatoes will be fork tender.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from NordicFoodLiving.com