Sue Adams’ Mint Mojito Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
- 8 tsp Dried mint, or 8 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually mix in flour, baking soda, mint and salt. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheet (a spray like Pam works great).
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Thanks to Sue Adams for this recipe.