Sue Adams’ Mint Mojito Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 8 tsp. dried mint “Mojito Cocktail” or 8 Tablespoons fresh leaves
Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large mixer bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Gradually mix in flour, baking soda, mint and salt. Stir in morsels and nuts. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheet (a spray like Pam works great).
BAKE in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Thanks to Sue Adams for this recipe.