Skip to content
Stuffed Roasted Acorn Squash
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 2 Acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 tsp Honey
- 1 1/4 cups Low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup Israeli couscous or orzo pasta
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon peel, grated
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh Italian parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place squash cut-side down on baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes or until tender. Turn squash cut-side up and brush with honey; bake 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring broth to a boil. Add couscous and cook until tender, 8 – 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Stir in oil, lemon peel and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon couscous mixture evenly into squash halves. Top with parsley, if desired, and serve.