Stuffed Roasted Acorn Squash
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeded
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup Israeli couscous or orzo pasta
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place squash cut-side down on baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes or until tender. Turn squash cut-side up and brush with honey; bake 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring broth to boiling. Add couscous; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pot. Stir in oil, lemon peel and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon couscous mixture evenly into squash halves. Top with parsley, if desired, and serve.
Per serving: 301 calories, 3g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g protein