Stuffed Flank Steak Pinwheels
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- 2 tsp Dried parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Spinach, torn
- 1.5 lb Flank steak
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place steak on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap and pound until thin, being careful not to make it so thin that holes appear.
- Butterfly the steak and season both sides with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Combine torn spinach with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the steak leaving a 1 inch border along the edge. Then add the lemon zest and spinach on top of the cheese.
- Roll the steak up tightly and secure with twine or skewers evenly down the roll, you’ll have about 6 pinwheels. Carefully slice the meat between the twine and set pinwheels aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pinwheels and brown each side for about 2-3 minute, then place them on a baking tray. Bake them for 5-10 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 135 for medium, or to desired doneness.
Recipe adapted from WhiskItRealGud.com