Strip Steak with Garden Herb Rub
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Boneless strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon peel, freshly grated
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine thyme, oregano, lemon peel, garlic and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside 2 tsp for garnish and press the rest evenly onto the steaks.
- Place steaks on grill and cook, covered, 11 – 14 minutes, turning occasionally. A meat thermometer should read 145° for medium-rare or 160°F for medium doneness.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice and sprinkle with reserved seasoning and salt, as desired.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com