Steamed Cod with Pickled Cucumber
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 Shallots, very finely sliced
- 1 Red chili, finely shredded
- White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 4 oz Rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 Skinless cod fillets
- Toss the cucumber, shallots, chili and mustard seeds with enough vinegar to just cover them. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place cod fillets in a steaming basket until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to plates and season to taste.
- Serve immediately with the noodles and pickled cucumber.
Recipe adapted from OliveMagazine.com