Steamed Haddock and Vegetables
- 4 Haddock fillets
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Leek, white part only, sliced into thin strips
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic, carrot, red pepper, leek, salt and pepper in a large frying pan. Bring to a boil then lower heat for a simmer. Lay the fish fillets on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with a piece of parchment paper, then a lid. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the fish is cooked and flakes easily.
- Gently move the fish and vegetables to a serving plate. Drizzle the cooking liquid over the fish and top with the parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted from BordBia.ie