Standing Rib Roast
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 4 lb Rib roast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, or as needed
- 1/4 cup Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Brush rib roast on all sides with olive oil. Rub sea salt, black pepper and garlic into the roast. Place roast fat-side up on a rack set inside a shallow pan.
- Roast about 30 minutes, until browned.
- Reduce oven to 325 F, tent roast with aluminum foil and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the rib roast registers 140 degrees, about 1 hour.
- Place roast on cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com