Spiced Cod With Corn
- Yield: 4 servings
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Ground turmeric
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 3 ears Corn, kernels removed
- 4 Cod fillets, 5-6 oz ea
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until butter is foaming and spices are very fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, turmeric, a big pinch of salt and several grinds of pepper and continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup water, then the soy sauce. Stir in the corn.
- Season fish lightly on all sides with salt and nestle into corn. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover skillet and gently simmer for 7-9 minutes until the fish flakes with a fork and is fully cooked.
- Divide fish, corn and broth among bowls.
- Top with mint and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from BonApetit.com