- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 6 very ripe Tomatoes
- 2 slices Bread, slightly stale
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Place bread in a bowl with about ½ cup of cold water and let it sit for 10-20 minutes until bread softens.
- With a sharp knife, make a small X on the bottom of each tomato and place them in a bowl with boiling water. Let sit for 3 minutes, then carefully peel the skin off the tomatoes.
- Squeeze as much water as possible out of the bread and tear it into 1 inch pieces.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper.
- Place tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, bread, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth and creamy, but with a little texture.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chill gazpacho in a refrigerator for 30 minutes or serve at room temperature
- Popular topping options include chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe adapted from LavenderAndMacarons.com