Southwest Marinated Flank Steak
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lb Flank steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 Red, yellow or green bell peppers, quartered
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place 1/3 cup of the marinade into a large ziploc bag along with the steak, turning to coat. Refrigerate the steak for 6 hours, or overnight. Also refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- When ready to cook, take the steak out of the bag and throw out the used marinade. Brush the pepper quarters with some of the remaining marinade.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place steak and peppers on hot grill. Close cover and cook steak 11-16 minutes, turning occasionally, until desired doneness is reached. Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning every few minutes. Occasionally brush the steak and peppers with the marinade as they cook, but do not brush during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Carve steak into thin slices across the grain. Season with salt and serve with the peppers.
Recipe and photo courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com