Soft Sugar Cookies
- Yield: 20 cookies
- 2 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup International Delight Coffee Creamer, flavor of choice
- 4 oz Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp International Delight Frosted Coffee Creamer, flavor of choice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In bowl of large stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, sour cream and creamer, and beat until well combined.
- Add flour and mix on low speed until almost combined and a few streaks of flour remain. Finish mixing by hand, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Scoop dough out into golf-ball sized scoops onto baking sheets. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until cookies are just starting to color around the edges of the cookies.
- Let cookies cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting by beating butter on medium until creamy, about 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, 3 tbsp creamer, vanilla and salt and mix until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the remaining creamer if the frosting is too thick.
- Place a generous spoonful of frosting on top of each cookie and spread evenly across the cookie. Top with sprinkles before frosting dries.
Recipe adapted from InternationalDelight.com