Soft Pretzel Bites
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Cane sugar
- 1 packet Instant rise yeast
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8-9 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Baking soda
- Vegan butter, melted
- Coarse salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, stir together the yeast, sugar and almondmilk. Let sit until starting to foam, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined.
- With the dough hook, knead the dough on medium-high speed until it’s smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 20-25 minutes, until the dough doubles in size.
- Bring the water and baking soda to a boil in a large pot.
- Scrap the dough onto a floured surface and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Add the pieces to the boiling water and let cook for 20-30 seconds. Work in batches so as not to overcrowd them in the pot.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
- Brush the tops of the pretzels with the butter.
- Bake until they are golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Brush with more butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from CalifiaFarms.com