Smoked Turkey and Brie Panini
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 oz Smoked turkey, sliced
- 2 oz Brie cheese, sliced
- 1/2 Apple, thinly-sliced
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly-sliced
- Heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes and set aside. They should be browned and starting to caramelize.
- Place a layer of brie on one slice of bread. Top with turkey, apples, caramelized onions and top with another layer of brie. Add another slice of bread on top of the sandwich.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Place sandwich in the skillet and press it down with something heavy like another skillet or panini press. Cook 2-3 minutes, flip, replace the weight and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from MelsKitchenCafe.com