- 1 Refrigerated pie crust 9", or homemade
- 1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 Leek , white part only, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 - 10 Asparagus spears, stems and spears separated
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Cream, full fat
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 7 oz Salmon
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Unroll pie crust, fit into a 9″ pie dish or tart tin and bake according to package directions. Place cooked crust on a tray to cool.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool and flake.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes or until leeks are translucent, but not starting to brown.
- Remove pan from stove and stir in asparagus stems.
- Cool slightly then spread across base of quiche crust.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Scatter 2/3 of the salmon in the quiche.
- Top with cheese, pour egg mixture over everything.
- Top with the remaining salmon and asparagus tips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is light golden and center is set but still slightly jiggly when you poke it.
- Rest for 10 minutes before carefully removing from tin and slicing.
Recipe adapted from RecipeTinEats.com