Slow-Roasted Spoon Roast
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 cloves Garlic, mashed and finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- dash Cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs Spoon roast
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a roasting pan with foil and top with a rack.
- Combine the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the roast on all sides with oil and then the rub mixture. Place on the prepared rack.
- Cook for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 225 F and continue roasting for about 3 hours longer, or until it reaches desired doneness. The beef should be between 130 F to 135 F for medium-rare.
- Place roast on a cutting board, tent it loosely with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com